[Histmaj] Open Positions at KUOW

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Tue Mar 15 19:32:19 PDT 2022

We are notifying you that KUOW has the following open positions:
Assistant News Director<https://kuow.org/careers/Assistant-News-Director>

We have an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant News Director to serve as the 2nd leader of the newsroom staff and the key deputy in leading our news team into the next phase of growth and excellence. As the primary support of the KUOW News Director, they help lead our day-to-day and collaborative work. The Assistant News Director serves as a key leader in hiring our next team of journalists and in transitioning them into success at KUOW. The Assistant News Director will take responsibility for supervising our Drivetime shows and staff while balancing the day-to-day priorities of the team, as directed by the News Director. They will also serve as the primary liaison for hiring and new staff onboarding. Open until filled. Do not apply directly to KUOW. AA/EOE.

News Fellow<https://kuow.org/careers/News-Fellow>

KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for a temporary (one-year), paid News Fellowship to help train the next generation of journalists. We are looking for early career journalists. The opportunity is open to recent graduates along with aspiring journalists with non-traditional but relevant experience. The fellowship is designed to develop journalistic skills. We will guide you on how to identify and craft news stories for broadcast and digital platforms, cover breaking news, create features stories, record interviews, and how to report on a beat. Open until filled. Do not apply directly to KUOW. AA/EOE.

User Experience (UX) Designer<https://kuow.org/careers/User-Experience-Designer>

KUOW has an outstanding opportunity open for a temporary (12-month) User Experience (UX) Designer in its Digital Products division. The Digital Products division is a new and exciting team at KUOW tasked with transforming KUOW into a digital media powerhouse. We are building our UX practice from the ground up. This role will be tasked with advocating for the users of KUOW digital properties and channels, extolling the value of UX internally and delivering delightful experiences. The UX designer will be expected to provide subject matter expertise for the organization, while leading design and exploration efforts in a fast-paced Agile environment. We expect the division will have a permanent need for a UX Designer in the future and the occupant of this role will have the opportunity to apply for the job when posted. Do not apply directly to KUOW. AA/EOE.

Software Engineer<https://kuow.org/careers/Software-Engineer-Temporary>
KUOW has an outstanding opportunity open for a temporary (12-month) Software Engineer in its Digital Media Products division. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Developer, who will help support new feature development and improvements for KUOW's custom Content Management System, and participate in the development lifecycle for web and mobile applications that serve both external and internal users. We are hiring this position as temporary to help quickly get the department running. We expect the division will have a permanent need for a Software Engineer in the future and the occupant of this role will have the opportunity to apply for the job when posted. Do not apply directly to KUOW. AA/EOE.

Data Analyst, Digital Media Products<https://kuow.org/careers/Data-Analyst-Temporary>

KUOW's Digital Media Products division has an outstanding opportunity open for a temporary (12 Month) Data Analyst. The Digital Media Products division is a new and exciting team at KUOW tasked with transforming KUOW into a digital media powerhouse. This role is critical for KUOW as we build our data chops to become a data-driven organization. This role will drive value by helping define and optimize data collection strategies and structure for all of KUOW's digital properties and initiatives. We are hiring this position as temporary to help quickly get the department running. We expect the division will have a permanent need for a Data Analyst in the future and the occupant of this role will have the opportunity to apply for the job when posted. Open until filled. Do not apply directly to KUOW. AA/EOE.

For a list of all current open positions at KUOW please check here<https://kuow.org/careers/>.

[cid:image001.png at 01D83860.FD617C70]<http://www.kuow.org/>
Becky Handshew | She/Her
Project Manager, Finance & Administration
DIR: (206) 221-2748
CELL: (206) 356-4455
EM: bhandshew at kuow.org<mailto:bhandshew at kuow.org>
In office days: Tuesday/Thursday

[cid:image002.png at 01D83860.FD617C70]<https://www.facebook.com/kuowpublicradio> [cid:image003.png at 01D83860.FD617C70] <https://twitter.com/KUOW> [cid:image004.png at 01D83860.FD617C70] <https://www.instagram.com/kuow>