[Histmaj] CAREER: Externships: Applications Open for C21@Amazon and C21@Microsoft

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Mon Nov 7 16:01:33 PST 2022

Dear Historians,

Here is a great opportunity just for College of Arts and Sciences students to get involved in workplace externships. Please see below for more information and consider applying!

Good luck!
Mark Weitzenkamp and Tracy Maschman Morrissey
History Undergraduate Advising
University of Washington
Smith Hall 315
Box 353560
Seattle, WA 98195
vm: 206.543.5691<tel:206.543.5691> fax: 206.543.9451<tel:206.543.9451>
depts.washington.edu/history<http://depts.washington.edu/history>
Please click here to schedule an advising appointment! [outlook.office365.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/UWHistoryAdvising@cloud.washington.edu/bookings/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!jAEA2nmjPwCoVlLLFX5AOWeHgOf5WeSJrMKs96sP9JyASmTNA9dpNWK6zFf2aFGWvu_z0d_Ka_3qvg$>

[follow us on social media]

Good morning A&S advising folks!

As students are busy registering, please let them know about the application for our C21 Externships at Amazon and Microsoft. Applications are open until November 16th and we will try and get a reminder out next week as well. This very popular program is only open to declared A&S majors (including pending WIN 2023 majors) and we are hoping for a great group. Many thanks for spreading the word.

Best,
Matt & Maile
C21

Hello Arts & Sciences Majors-
We are excited to announce that applications are now for the C21 at Amazon and C21 at Microsoft Externship programs<https://c21.washington.edu/externships>. Applications are due on November 16, 2022 for both programs.
The C21 Externships are short-term career development programs designed to develop fundamental skills of professionalism needed to thrive in the workplace. Through the guidance of professionals at Amazon or Microsoft, students will have the opportunity to open their perspectives, gain insights on the diversity of career opportunities, and gain exposure to professional responsibilities and expectations.
Here are what some students have said about the program:
"After listening to the journey my mentor took that got them to their current position at Amazon, I was introduced to unconventional career paths that I hadn't considered before and was better able to imagine myself applying my History and Psychology majors in a professional space."
"Through the externship, I built a professional and lasting relationship with my mentor and have learned to be comfortable reaching out to establish connections with people I look up to on LinkedIn."
"From the C21 Externship, I was able to gain insight on how my mentor was able to successfully pivot his career from a biomedical engineer to business and this has opened my perspective in not limiting yourself to a set career pathway."
If you are interested in learning more about the program and want to apply online, click the links below:
Microsoft Externship Application<https://c21.washington.edu/our-programs/c21microsoft>
Amazon Externship Application<https://c21.washington.edu/our-programs/c21amazon>
Feel free to reach out to c21info at uw.edu<mailto:c21info at uw.edu> if you have any further questions.
Sincerely,