[Histmaj] RESEARCH and LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS: Mary Gates Endowment for Students Scholarships Are Now Open!

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Tue Oct 4 08:34:24 PDT 2022

Dear Historians,

Please think about applying to these scholarships for research and leadership! Good luck!

[cid:image001.png at 01D7DFC1.27AB9F40]

The Mary Gates Endowment for Students scholarships are open to all UW undergraduate students, including all majors, and residency statuses (international students, and undocumented students are eligible to apply). Please visit our website for deadlines and information: https://expd.uw.edu/mge/

Benefits
Mary Gates scholarships provide $5,000 ($2,500 per quarter for two quarters) for students to pursue leadership or research activities. The Mary Gates Endowment for Students supports University of Washington undergraduates to become independent learners and community leaders through research and leadership scholarships. We encourage students' development of creative, courageous ideas and efforts.

Research Scholarship
Students engage in a research project to discover, articulate, and contribute their talents and ideas with the guidance of a faculty mentor.

Deadline:

* October 31, 2022

Leadership Scholarship
Students foster leadership development skills as they pursue a project or activity important to them and their community.

Deadline:

* October 24, 2022

Information Sessions
We offer weekly information sessions for students to learn more about the scholarships offered through Mary Gates Endowment. RSVP for a time that works best for you: https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/1143

Advising
Schedule advising appointments for assistance with components of the scholarship application or general questions about the Mary Gates Endowment. Please visit our advising site: https://expd.uw.edu/mge/advising/

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. We look forward to receiving your application!

Best,
ANNABEL CHOLICO
Assistant Director
Mary Gates Endowment for Students
Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity Box 352803
171 Mary Gates Hall, Seattle, WA 98195
206.616.3925
cholico at uw.edu<mailto:cholico at uw.edu> / expd.uw.edu<http://expd.uw.edu/>/mge/
Pronouns: she/her
[MGH and UW combo e-sig]

Mark Weitzenkamp and Tracy Maschman Morrissey
History Undergraduate Advising
University of Washington
Smith Hall 315
Box 353560
Seattle, WA 98195
vm: 206.543.5691<tel:206.543.5691> fax: 206.543.9451<tel:206.543.9451>
depts.washington.edu/history<http://depts.washington.edu/history>
Please click here to schedule an advising appointment! [outlook.office365.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/UWHistoryAdvising@cloud.washington.edu/bookings/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!jAEA2nmjPwCoVlLLFX5AOWeHgOf5WeSJrMKs96sP9JyASmTNA9dpNWK6zFf2aFGWvu_z0d_Ka_3qvg$>

[follow us on social media]