[Histmaj] Berkeley History PhD Pipeline Program 2023 - Call for Applications

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Tue Jan 24 13:07:46 PST 2023

Dear UW colleagues,

We're writing to ask for your help in promoting the Berkeley History PhD Pipeline Program, an initiative that seeks to assist and empower talented college juniors, seniors, recent graduates, and MA students from historically excluded and underrepresented backgrounds who are interested in pursuing a PhD in History.

Over the past two years, thirty fellows from across the country participated in weekly seminars on discrete topics, from what it means to get a History PhD, to how to approach the application process. Past fellows have described our Program as an ‘invaluable experience’ that ‘answered so many questions and relieved many anxieties’ about the prospect of graduate school. Another shared that it was ‘the highlight of [their] week over the last few months.’ We are excited to meet and learn with a new cohort of future historians.

For 2023, our seminars will continue to be held remotely on Fridays from 10am to 12pm Pacific, beginning in March and ending in May. Over the course of the sessions, fellows can expect to meet Berkeley faculty, PhD alumni, current graduate students, and staff. At the start of summer, we'll pair fellows with a faculty and/or a graduate student mentor for individualized support and to discuss their possible next steps.

We would be grateful if you could share this information and the attached flyer with your colleagues and students. Applications<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.gle/GmCG39tmrys9DeSj9__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!jWRrsiTCEy24zAW3UqG6mSVaqv6Rpk9xmf9aYhhQN3l-P0mmVTPJWoYna0Klfw40RzzYbF-KU4_JDjmUKmwLHJ5lREEzH5A$> are due at 11:59pm on Friday, February 17th.

For more information, please check out our website<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/history.berkeley.edu/pipeline__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!jWRrsiTCEy24zAW3UqG6mSVaqv6Rpk9xmf9aYhhQN3l-P0mmVTPJWoYna0Klfw40RzzYbF-KU4_JDjmUKmwLHJ5lYIvYrZE$> or contact our committee at history-pipeline at berkeley.edu<mailto:history-pipeline at berkeley.edu>.

Thanks and kind regards,

Waldo E. Martin

Peter Zinoman

Janaki Bakhle

Diliana Angelova

Pipeline Program | Berkeley Department of History | history.berkeley.edu/pipeline<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/history.berkeley.edu/pipeline__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!jWRrsiTCEy24zAW3UqG6mSVaqv6Rpk9xmf9aYhhQN3l-P0mmVTPJWoYna0Klfw40RzzYbF-KU4_JDjmUKmwLHJ5le3LfDcI$> | history-pipeline at berkeley.edu<mailto:history-pipeline at berkeley.edu>