[Histmaj] FW: Textual Studies Flyers for History students

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Thu May 4 10:44:51 PDT 2023

Good morning, Historians-

I am forwarding a flyer about the Minor in Textual Studies and Digital Humanities, and another about a class being offered in Autumn that counts towards the minor.

As Professor Geoffrey Turnovsky says: The first flyer offers information about the minor in Textual Studies and Digital Humanities. The second flyer is for a proseminar that we’re planning on printing, bibliography and Special Collections, to be held in the Special Collections classroom. Our hope is it will bring interest to the minor and encourage students to pursue it. Since the class will have to be small, we’re initially limiting enrollment to those in the minor or interested in declaring it. But we’ll open it up after a week or two. For now, students should just reach out for an add code (which I can distribute).

We’d love to have History students in the course and the minor, and I’d like to think the minor would speak to History undergraduates interested in archives and historical sources.

All the best,
Geoffrey Turnovsky (gt2 at uw.edu)

Mark Weitzenkamp and Tracy Maschman Morrissey
History Undergraduate Advising
University of Washington
Smith Hall 315
Box 353560
Seattle, WA 98195
vm: 206.543.5691 fax: 206.543.9451
depts.washington.edu/history

Please click here to schedule an advising appointment! [outlook.office365.com]