[Histmaj] Invitation to the NextGen Legislative Reception on Oct 25th

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Wed Oct 11 13:03:10 PDT 2023

Historians-

I hope this email finds you well! My name is Andy Pace, I am the Coordinator for the NextGen Civic Leader Corps program (NextGen)<https://evans.uw.edu/academic-programs/undergraduate-programs/next-gen/>. NextGen, based in the CELE Center and Evans School of Public Policy, is a program that hosts events centering on public service, community engagement and leadership for UW undergraduates.

I wanted to reach out to share one of our upcoming opportunities with the Department of History community. The NextGen Civic Leadership Corps Legislative Reception (on October 25th, from 6:00pm-7:30pm, at the Burke Museum) is a unique opportunity for future leaders in the UW community to meet and connect with alumni who are serving or who have served in the state legislature and local government. Students will have the chance to hear officials share insight about their career path and the formative and inspiring opportunities they had at UW. The event will feature a Q&A panel followed by mixing time with the officials (as well as heavy appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages).

We would be thrilled to have students in the History program join for this special evening! I will include a student-facing message below

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Meet UW alumni who are serving or who have served in the state legislature and local government! Hosted by the NextGen Civic Leader Corps<https://evans.uw.edu/academic-programs/undergraduate-programs/next-gen/> program, the Legislative Reception will be held on October 25th from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at the Burke Museum. This is a unique opportunity to personally connect with current and former Washington State government officials who are also UW alumni. They will share valuable insights into their career journeys and the impactful experiences they had at UW. The event will feature a Q&A panel followed by mixing time with the officials (heavy appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided as well).

Among the officials slated to attend:

* Rep. Frank Chopp
* Rep. Chris Corry
* Sen. Manka Dhingra
* Rep. Vandana Slatter
* Mayor Mason Thompson (Bothell)
* Rep. Nicole Macri
* Rep. Mia Gregerson
* Rep. Tina Orwall
* Sen. Jesse Salomon
* Sen. Bob Hasegawa

We hope to see you there! Check out this link for more information and to RSVP<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.office.com/r/tWubEFhM5G__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!l3bmZ0Rtwv2n0exmjSqLDizJFmhdygrsuTXI21I5qU17c9RgMYkPr1qmuSbgMycESPyq37t101UPFg$>.

Best,

ANDY PACE
he/him
NextGen Civic Leader Corps Coordinator
Community Engagement and Leadership Education (CELE)
Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity

Mary Gates Hall Box 352803
Mary Gates Hall Suite 171 Seattle, WA 98195-2803
andpace at uw.edu<mailto:andpace at uw.edu> / cele.uw.edu<http://uw.edu/carlson>
[cid:bb2f7e01-ff5b-48e1-9a93-37a4c3e104e5]
The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.