[Histmaj] Please share our Paid Internship Opportunity

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:52:50 PDT 2023

Hello,

I hope that you're doing well during the start of the new academic year! My name is Ray, and I am a mentor for the UW CELE Center's Undergraduate Community-Based Internships. We partner with community organizations, such as Bloodworks NW, El Centro de la Raza, The Math Agency, Elizabeth Gregory Home and many more, to provide undergraduate students a chance to build skills and capacities by working directly with organizations that empower underrepresented individuals and groups in the public and non-profit sectors.

Our applications are open and info sessions are coming up! Feel free to pass along the information below if you think students would be interested.

Thank you for your support! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Kind regards,

Ray, Justin & Kathryn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UCBI is now hiring paid interns to work with community organizations in Seattle and King County!

UCBI is a paid internship program that places undergraduates in nonprofit and public sector organizations. Students interested in public service get the chance to explore, contribute, and grow as they work in, with, and for local communities. Internships run Winter and Spring quarters and require 12-13 hours' time commitment per week.

We are very excited to announce our applications are open! We will be accepting applications until October 16th at 11:59pm.

Wondering why you should participate? Check out some reasons below!

* Take your learning off campus and (re)connect with communities
* Dive into a topic or issue you're passionate about and explore career opportunities
* Learn more about power, privilege, identity and systems of oppression through community engagement
* Receive mentorship and coaching from UCBI mentors and nonprofit/public sector leaders

* Engage in professional development opportunities and build your network with your cohort and host organization
* Earn a stipend ($2250/quarter) for your work
* Earn academic credit toward leadership minor through LEAD 298 or GEN ST 350 in winter and spring

For those interested and wanting more information, you can join us for an online Info Session October 5th from 4:00-5:00pm. You can also look at the Info Packet<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/file/d/14OYO6ipJfDgi4l9wH-3QhA5SRZX99P23/view__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gaCMsIhFfJNJ8qjcRRm7tRoWztXU-lWeV9yRYulbEwZjaACXnZxa4BRhp1F2TQV51boNyEZ2PMhTM2npbHmrB-A$> attached to this email or check out our website<https://cele.uw.edu/programs/undergraduate-community-based-internships-ucbi/>.

INFO SESSION Oct 5th LINK: https://washington.zoom.us/j/92316342394<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/j/92316342394__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gaCMsIhFfJNJ8qjcRRm7tRoWztXU-lWeV9yRYulbEwZjaACXnZxa4BRhp1F2TQV51boNyEZ2PMhTM2np-UP-TZo$>
APPLICATION LINK: https://airtable.com/appE9WUKhj6ra2qn7/shrvxrrLSZViGxV1Q<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/airtable.com/appE9WUKhj6ra2qn7/shrvxrrLSZViGxV1Q__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gaCMsIhFfJNJ8qjcRRm7tRoWztXU-lWeV9yRYulbEwZjaACXnZxa4BRhp1F2TQV51boNyEZ2PMhTM2npQUojp1Y$>

*We strongly encourage applicants to view possible internships<https://cele.uw.edu/programs/undergraduate-community-based-internships-ucbi/internships/> before applying!*

Additional questions can be sent to: UCBIteam at uw.edu<mailto:UCBIteam at uw.edu>

[cid:1db2ea6e-6aa7-43d1-aeb1-717cfb84b84e]

THE UCBI TEAM

Community Engagement & Leadership Education (CELE) Center

Box 352803 / 171 Mary Gates Hall

Seattle, WA 98195-2803 / 206.221.6023

ucbiteam at uw.edu<mailto:ucbiteam at uw.edu> / cele.uw.edu<http://cele.uw.edu/>

[cid:b0c63786-7af1-43b1-b518-2635e8425031]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.instagram.com/ucbi_uw/?hl=en__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gaCMsIhFfJNJ8qjcRRm7tRoWztXU-lWeV9yRYulbEwZjaACXnZxa4BRhp1F2TQV51boNyEZ2PMhTM2npdL0-Fhs$>

The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.