[Histmaj] APPLY: Summer 2022 Concussion Education & Advocacy Internship

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Fri Apr 29 13:50:07 PDT 2022

Our Summer 2022 Concussion Education & Advocacy Internship runs from June 13th to August 5th. Applications are currently open; search 'Concussion Alliance' on Handshake or reach out to us via our Contact<https://www.concussionalliance.org/contact> page for more information about applying.

This 8-week remote educational internship is open to undergraduate students. We will happily consider applicants from outside the US and Canada, though we do ask that interns are available from 10 am to 2 pm PST (1 pm to 5 pm EST) during the weekdays for ease of scheduling our synchronous activities. Our program is rooted in building a strong sense of community among our internship cohorts - attending synchronous meetings and activities is critical.

The internship includes daily multimedia concussion curricula covering all areas of the injury, an Expert Guest Speaker series featuring leaders in the field, weekly guided discussions and community social hours, opportunities for mentoring from current medical school students for interns interested in medicine, and more! Interns gain research literacy and science writing skills writing for our Concussion Update<https://www.concussionalliance.org/newsletter> newsletter and take on major research and writing projects, creating and updating resource pages for ConcussionAlliance.org.

The internship is a ~30 hour/week commitment for the duration; work scheduling is flexible outside of 1-2 daily synchronous meetings in the time range mentioned above. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide stipends for interns at this time; however, many colleges and universities have funding programs to support unpaid internships.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Conor

--
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1GwPwMaPnFDofaZK88zuxofgqxW6cun0w&revid=0B-9vaevge8tJRUFqV01xcGJNVHRTTFN0SEFNaEJlYTZDR2k0PQ]