[Histmaj] 2 CREDIT COURSE - AUT2022: CHID Focus Group Announcement

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Wed Aug 10 14:11:37 PDT 2022

Dear Historians,

Please see this message below from one of our senior history majors.

I will be facilitating another CHID Focus Group this fall, on the topics of philosophical issues in redressing past injustices. I think the course content would be interesting for a lot of History students, so am reaching out to see if you would be able to send the following information out to the History listserv?

Here is a brief description. It's kind of similar to the Focus Group I led last year, but there are enough different texts that folks won't feel as if they are repeating too much material.

Thanks a lot!
---
Ethics, Equity, and Reconciliation - CHID 496 B | Autumn 2022
Student facilitator: Wendi Zhou (wzhou1 at uw.edu<mailto:wzhou1 at uw.edu>)

This Focus Group focuses on ethical and justice-related issues in dealing with past wrongdoing and discerning methods for redress. Students will explore issues of marginalization, representation, and justice in transitional justice and historical redress processes via a combination of sources, e.g. philosophical and historical works, truth commission reports, fiction, and film. Geographical locations covered include South Africa, Canada, countries in Latin America, and the United States.

This 2-credit (C/NC) Focus Group meets Fridays 2:30-4:20 PM in SIG 226.

Best,
Wendi
---
Wendi Zhou
Philosophy and History
University of Washington '23
wzhou1 at uw.edu<mailto:wzhou1 at uw.edu>

Tracy Maschman Morrissey
History Undergraduate Advising
University of Washington
Smith Hall 315
Box 353560
Seattle, WA 98195
vm: 206.543.5691<tel:206.543.5691> fax: 206.543.9451<tel:206.543.9451>
depts.washington.edu/history<http://depts.washington.edu/history>

Please click here to schedule an advising appointment!<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/UWHistoryAdvising@cloud.washington.edu/bookings/>

[follow us on social media]