[Histmaj] STRESS REDUCTION for CREDIT: SPRING: GEN ST 297 G and J: Space still available!

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Tue Mar 15 15:46:41 PDT 2022

Historians!

I just took this BE REAL training and it is a fantastic resource for stress reduction and finding tools to deal with all life's pressures. You can take this for credit and reduce your stress!! Kat will be an amazing facilitator also.

Best,

Tracy

Hi everyone!

Are you feeling stressed? Rundown? Not quite sure how to build up your stress tolerance? During Spring quarter, you have an opportunity to register for one of two classes that I will be facilitating:

GEN ST 297 G (SLN 14960) 1 credit CR/NC Mondays 10am-11:20am

GEN ST 297 J (SLN 14963) 1 credit CR/NC Thursdays 10am-11:20am

A once a week, CR/NC 1 credit 8 week course (no final) that solely focuses on mindfulness-based resilience and well-being. During these 8 weeks, we will be utilizing cognitive behavioral skills and mindfulness and compassion skills through group discussions, partner activities, and guided contemplative practices. Join me in Spring and carve out those 90 minutes 1x a week to take care of you and your mental health.

Take good care,

Kat

Kat Eli, M.A.
Academic Services Director, Law, Societies & Justice | Disability Studies
Department of Law, Societies & Justice | College of Arts and Sciences
1911 Skagit Lane | Smith Hall M253 | Box 353565 | Seattle, Washington 98195
OFFICE: 206.221.6431 EMAIL: kateli at uw.edu<mailto:kateli at uw.edu> WEB: lsj.washington.edu
Pronouns | She, Her - Why do I state my pronouns?<https://registrar.washington.edu/students/pronouns/>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/lsjuw?fref=ts> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/uw_lsj> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6524704>
COVID-19 FAQ<https://www.washington.edu/coronavirus/faq/>

Click Here <https://calendly.com/lsjadvising-kat> to schedule an appointment for LSJ Advising
Click Here <https://calendly.com/disability-studies-advising> to schedule an appointment for Disability Studies Advising

The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.

Shannon Vacek and Tracy Maschman Morrissey
History Undergraduate Advising
University of Washington
Smith Hall 315
Box 353560
Seattle, WA 98195
vm: 206.543.5691<tel:206.543.5691> fax: 206.543.9451<tel:206.543.9451>
depts.washington.edu/history<http://depts.washington.edu/history>

Please click here to schedule an advising appointment!<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/UWHistoryAdvising@cloud.washington.edu/bookings/>

[follow us on social media]