[Histmaj] Learn about Brazilian Cinema this Summer!

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Mon May 23 09:47:08 PDT 2022

Looking for a fun 5-credit VLPA/I&S course this summer? Consider taking Brazilian Cinema!

PORTUGUESE 365/ JSIS A 365: BRAZILIAN CINEMA (listed as Mapping Luso-Brazilian Cultures)
Areas of Knowledge: I&S/ VLPA
Summer 2022, B-Term
Instructor: Eduardo Viana da Silva (evsilva at uw.edu<mailto:evsilva at uw.edu>)
MTWTh | 10:50am-1:00pm

Course Description for Summer 2022
This course will look at several cultural representations of Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking countries through films and documentaries produced mostly in Brazil. The course work will focus on Brazilian society and history, including environmental, LGBTQI+ and race issues, among others. We will also study some of the cinematic productions from Portugal and Angola, and their historical and cultural aspects as well.

Please see attached flyer for more information. If you have any questions about this class, please email Professor Eduardo Viana Da Silva at evsilva at uw.edu<mailto:evsilva at uw.edu>.