[Histmaj] ASUW QSC's Queer Prom

HISTORY UNDERGRADUATE ADVISORS histadv at uw.edu
Thu Feb 22 06:45:44 PST 2024

Greetings,

Our names are Jasmine An and Cayla Thames and we are the co-directors of the ASUW Queer Student Commission. We wanted to share with your department that we're hosting our annual Queer Prom event on Friday, March 8th, 2024! We encourage all students, faculty, and UW community members who identify as members or allies of the LGBTQIA+ community to join us in celebration of queerness, queer joy, and queer community (and the end of the Winter Quarter!).

Queer Prom has been getting bigger and better every year! This year's theme is Circus, and while costumes/themed outfits are not required, we strongly encourage you to come as your best clown, lion, acrobat, ring master, etc! We will be having a superb selection of performances from UW student performers including the band Gender Envy, the band Sleepy Cat, DJ's from RainyDawg Radio, and a student Drag Performer for your entertainment. There will also be a variety of activities including bracelet making, balloon animals, a bouncy house, and more! Pizza, chips and juice will be served, free of cost. Come support the student bands and hang out with the rest of the UW queer community!

Here is our flyer, (which you may have already seen floating around campus 😉):

[cid:7bb4fc88-23e4-4676-858b-b486d7d5ac4c]

We would love if you could pass along the above message and information to the students in your departments. While we tried to obtain all of the correct contact points for those in charge of dispersing news/events to students, feel free to forward this message to the appropriate contacts if we have misdirected this email.

Additionally, if this event interests you personally and you have the time, you can RVSP here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=W9229i_wGkSZoBYqxQYL0mPV9LLtKW9KgMqEZZzPaw9UQzY5Wlg0TEdQWkswSzhZTlJBMDRUREtSNC4u__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hWbROfl2IhlBBeBSrcw3S2vlb8YpkQ_0h3Of4wV47R26cMAU3IrYeiJpNUTSt-ncfdJ6WV-GKRVYPv4$>. :)

Cheers to queers!

Warmest wishes,

Jasmine An and Cayla Thames
Pronouns: they/them
Queer Student Commission Co-Directors
Office Hours<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/hours.asuw.org/index.php?user=asuwqsc__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hWbROfl2IhlBBeBSrcw3S2vlb8YpkQ_0h3Of4wV47R26cMAU3IrYeiJpNUTSt-ncfdJ6WV-GzlYGn00$> | Website<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/qsc.asuw.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hWbROfl2IhlBBeBSrcw3S2vlb8YpkQ_0h3Of4wV47R26cMAU3IrYeiJpNUTSt-ncfdJ6WV-GMpImivA$> | Instagram<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.instagram.com/asuwqsc/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hWbROfl2IhlBBeBSrcw3S2vlb8YpkQ_0h3Of4wV47R26cMAU3IrYeiJpNUTSt-ncfdJ6WV-GXT__AgU$> | Zoom<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/j/8677990216__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hWbROfl2IhlBBeBSrcw3S2vlb8YpkQ_0h3Of4wV47R26cMAU3IrYeiJpNUTSt-ncfdJ6WV-Gwk18DLg$>
HUB 131P | (206)-685-4252
[cid:479332bd-fd52-4dd9-a795-9cb1ed8ff4ba]
I would like to acknowledge that we are on the traditional land
of the first people of Seattle, the Duwamish People past and present
and honor with gratitude the land itself and the Duwamish Tribe.